ASICS X WISHULADA
To achieve a Sound Mind in A Sound Body, first, we need a sound earth. Dive into sustainability with WISHULADA, the visionary behind the art pieces crafted from recycled materials at the ASICS AW23 Media Preview.
The inspiration behind my artwork is to encourage everyone to create value from existing resources and reduce unnecessary waste when organizing various events. The process of working on this project involves communicating with everyone, seeking resources and materials that are close at hand, and utilized those resource effectively which can contribute to sustainable environment.
Circular Design following the concept of a circular economy, which consists of the following 9 points:
- 1Seeking local resources: The artist looks for materials within the local community, such as studio leftovers, and combines them with the remaining materials from brand.
- 2Environmental impact assessment: The focus is to managing plastic and clothing waste by remake them as artistic materials.
- 3Durability of artworks: Emphasis on creating sturdy and long-lasting pieces to prevent them from deteriorating quickly and becoming waste.
- 4Reduced chemical use in production: Avoiding chemical coatings on fabrics and plastics allowing all materials to be recyclable.
- 5Waste management: The design process aims to minimize leftover materials, such as cutting wood in rectangular shape to reduce wood waste or remake all fabric scraps from brand clothing into artworks.
- 6Raise environmental awareness to the community: The artist collaborates with the local community in Thailand to transform waste into valuable creations through creative thinking. This encourages people to be proud of their own potential by realizing that environment is a mutual problem, and we need to solve this issue together.
- 7Sustainable transportation: Employing energy-efficient transportation methods that can move all components in a single vehicle, thus reducing fuel consumption.
- 8Post-consumer disposal process: All artworks are designed to be easily recyclable, as they are free from coatings or color treatments that might hinder their recycling process.
- 9Creating a balanced impact: The result of all creative efforts leads to raise awareness among people about waste segregation and transforming valueless materials into new useful creations. Additionally, the generated income is reinvested in the local community in Bang Mae Nang, Bang Yai District, Nonthaburi Province, through the process of material sourcing, transformation, transportation, and installation.
All of the artistic creations are made from leftover materials, categorized as follows:
*Pre-Consumption leftover materials: Sample shoes, excess clothing stock from ASICS, and wooden pallets remake as shoe bases.
*Post-Consumption leftover materials: Plastic bottle caps collected through recycling. In each stage of the creation process, the focus is on maximizing the value of the leftover materials. There is no waste, and all the pieces can be further utilized to optimize value and purposes.
ฝาขวดน้ำพลาสติก 50 กิโลกรัม
รองเท้าเก่า 10 กิโลกรัม
การกระจายรายได้สู่ชุมชน 50,000 บาท